The ClerVolc (Clermont-Ferrand Centre for Volcano Research) consortium involves six laboratories of Blaise Pascal University in Clermont-Ferrand, France (Laboratories of Volcanology (‘Magmas et Volcans’), Particle Physics, Physical Meteorology, Social and Cognitive Psychology, Mathematics, Computer Science, the Observatoire de Physique du Globe at Clermont-Ferrand, and the French Geological Survey (BRGM). The consortium, which is led by the Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans (director P. Schiano; scientific coordinator T. Druitt), has received funding for a ten-year collaborative research programme from the French government ‘Laboratories of Excellence’ initiative. The programme will address fundamental questions in the field of magma generation, volcano dynamics, volcanic hazards and volcanic risk.
We are seeking candidates for six projects. The projects are at post-doctoral (PDoc) and doctoral (PhD) levels. For doctoral projects, contracts must start in September or October of 2016. For postdoctoral project, contracts must start in 2016 (date to be determined between the supervising scientist and the candidate).
Details of the projects, post profiles, salaries, contact addresses, application procedures and deadlines may be found at the following link: ClerVolc_info_positions_2016
In the event of additional enquiries or problems, please contact Ms. Socheata Sean Socheata.Sean@univ-bpclermont.fr.
- Nucleation of nanoparticles in volcanic plumes and in the marine atmosphere.
Sellegri (LaMP) PhD
- Density imaging of volcanoes through joint inversion of gravity and muography data.
Cârloganu (LPC) and V. Cayol (LMV) PDocRes
- Inverse modeling of fracture surface displacement in volcanic context.
Koko (LIMOS), O. Bodart (LM), V. Cayol (LMV) PDocRes
- Effect of oxygen fugacity on water storage in the deep mantle
Bolfan-Casanova (LMV) PhD
- Role of the mantle in driving caldera-forming silicic eruptions at an arc volcano.
H. Druitt (LMV), O. Sigmarsson (LMV), P. Schiano (LMV) PhD
- Metal volatility at high temperature – application to planetary accretion and volcanic degassing
Hammouda (LMV) PhD
LMV: Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans; LPC: Laboratory of Particle Physics; LM: Laboratory of Mathematics; LIMOS: Laboratory of Computing, Modelling and Optimization.